Glenn Miller Birthplace Society
The Glenn Miller Birthplace Museum is administered by the Glenn Miller Birthplace Society. The Society, a private 501(c)3 non-profit organization, was formed in 1977 to oversee the planning and preparation of the Glenn Miller Festival. Through the decades the Society’s role has expanded to include overseeing the daily operations, planning, programming, and preservation of the Glenn Miller Birthplace Museum (which includes the birthplace of Glenn Miller as well as a modern exhibit and visitor center). The Glenn Miller Birthplace Society receives no federal or state funding. The Society does offer a membership program. The revenues raised from membership donations are used to support the operations of the museum and the Glenn Miller Music Scholarship program. To find out more on how you can become a member, please click HERE.
The mission of the Glenn Miller Birthplace Society is celebrate the music and memory of Alton Glenn Miller, America’s favorite musical patriot.
The Glenn Miller Birthplace Society will be recognized as an authority on the life, music, and accomplishments of Alton Glenn Miller and his orchestra through its publications, museum, and programming.
We will build a strong, stable financial future through quality exhibits and programming, and balanced support.
The Glenn Miller Birthplace Society is committed to quality programming, exhibits, and customer service. The society embraces these values:
- We preserve the memory of Glenn Miller and are committed to the authenticity of the artifacts of this history- the objects, documents, birth site and structure that are the physical evidence of Glenn Miller’s life.
- We recognize the importance of partnership and collaboration to maximize resources and talents, and strive to create a “community” approach to museums, culture, and tourism.
- We are committed to accessibility to all of our programs and services and to the decisions we make and the actions we take to plan and carry out our activities.
- We believe in the power of diversity– in the supporters of the Society, in the programs offered, and in the perspectives we present.
- We strive to create a workplace that supports mutual respect, excellent communication and shared decision-making to create opportunities for learning and growth.